Made with oats, cashews and flaxseeds, these oil free vegan pancakes are the perfect breakfast option for fussy kids.
You can make a batch for a delicious weekend brunch, or even freeze them for easy weekday breakfasts. They’re really fast to make because you can just whip them up in the blender.
My fussy two year old loves pancakes, so I came up with this recipe so that I know he’s getting the extra nutrients and protein from the cashews, oats and flaxseed, while he gets to enjoy his yummy pancakes.
I like to top these oil free vegan pancakes with berries and some syrup, but there are heaps of other options for pancake toppings. You can even spread peanut butter on them and have them as a tasty snack!
These pancakes freeze well. I often make up a batch and wrap them with a piece of baking paper between each and put them in the freezer. I can then easily take one out and reheat it anytime my kids want one.
I hope you love these pancakes as much as my toddler (and I)! If you’re after another great breakfast recipe idea, see my fussy toddler approved Kid Friendly Breakfast Slice.
Oil-Free Vegan PancakesCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Keep the screen of your device on
These kid friendly pancakes are a delicious healthy breakfast option for adults and kids alike.
1 1/2 cups Dairy Free Milk
1 tbs Flax or chia seeds
3/4 cup Wholemeal Plain Flour
3/4 cup Rolled Oats
1/4 cup Raw Cashews
1 tspn Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Dairy Free Milk or Water extra
- Place all ingredients but the extra milk in the blender with the liquid first. Blend on low speed until combined.
- Heat a non stick frying pan on medium heat. Depending on your frying pan type, you may need to add a small amount of oil to the pan to prevent the pancakes sticking.
- Pour batter onto pan for the first pancake. Cook until the edges of the pancake start to cook and small bubbles appear.
- Flip pancake and cook for an additional minute until lightly browned on each side.
- Repeat with remaining batter. You may need to add extra liquid to the batter if it gets too thick. Mix this on low speed in the blender.
- Pancakes can be served hot, or wrapped individually and frozen.
- Recipe source: WithExtraVeg
Like this recipe?
Follow us @wpzoomcom on Pinterest